Saturday, 18 December 2010

Thank God I'm Pretty


Thank God, I'm Pretty.



If you're interested,
I've written on "The Art of Suicide" previously.
Check it out here : http://dark-disaster.blogspot.com/2010/12/art-of-suicide.html

Here comes another great great song from Emilie Autumn.

The Original Version

The Shoegaze Version
I love this version better. More emotional if you ask :)

The Guy Version (Spiritual Front)
It sounds kinda wrong lol

Lyrics :
Thank God I'm pretty
The occasional free drink I never asked for
The occasional admission to a seedy little bar
Invitation to a stranger's car
I'm blessed
With the ability to rend a grown man tongue-tied
Which only means that when it's dark outside
I have to run and hide can't look behind me
Thank God I'm pretty

Thank God I'm pretty
Every skill I ever have will be in question
Every ill that I must suffer merely brought on by myself
Though the cops would come for someone else
I'm blessed
I'm truly privilaged to look this good without clothes on
Which only means that when I sing you're jerking off
And when I'm gone you won't remember
Thank God I'm pretty

Thank you God
Oh, lord
Thank you God
Oh, oh and when a gaggle of faces appears around me
It's lucky I hate to be taken seriously
I think my ego would fall right through the cracks in the floor
If I couldn't count on men to slap my ass anymore
I know my destiny's such, that I'm all stocking and curl
So everybody thinks that I'm a fucking suicide girl

Thank you God
For the occasional champagne I never asked for
The occasional admission to a seedy little bar
Invitation to a stranger's car
I'm blessed
With the ability to rend a grown man tongue-tied
Which only means that when it's dark outside
I have to run and hide can't look behind me
Thank God I'm pretty

Thank God
Thank God
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you God!

This is another sarcastic song from EA :)
It sounds narcissistic.
In fact, it's all satire.

For all the not-so-good-looking people out there,
Go for a plastic surgery.
Go for a full body makeover.

Even if you were hurt,
no one would show you sympathy.
Sympathy is never meant for you.

Even if you committed suicide,
no one would show you concern.
Concern is never meant for you.

Even if you asked for drink,
no one would offer you for free.
Privileges are never meant for you.

No one will feel sorry for you,
Be sad if you're ugly.

Be proud if you're pretty.
You get free drinks that you'll never have to ask for.
You get invitations to a bar that you'll never have to ask for.
You get all the privileges that you'll never have to ask for.

Your skills your talents will never have to be shown.
Your beauty will always be your showcase.
Thank god, if you're pretty !

If you find attraction all around,
if you find jealousy all around,
if you find hatred all around,
It's all your fault,
for being beautiful.

When the night comes and it's dark outside,
be sure to stay safe.
If you're attacked, if you're raped,
it's all your fault, for being beautiful.

Thank god, if you're pretty !

From the lovely EA :)
Emilie Autumn


Ps : You know it's all sarcasm. Thanks.



2 comments :

  1. i like this part =)

    Even if you were hurt,
    no one would show you sympathy.
    Sympathy is never meant for you.

    Even if you committed suicide,
    no one would show you concern.
    Concern is never meant for you

    i just wrote on this whole suicide issue also. check it out at http://luvergalviv.blogspot.com/2010/12/so-lun-sky-die-already-or-not.html

    =)

    ReplyDelete